For popular or very good threads

Multicolored Lemur

Atheist / Agnostic
Nov 23, 2021
First off, he repeated some myths about transgend persons, and a few grains of truth. He focused on the edge issue of trans women competing in women’s sports.

Whereas if he knew the suicide rate of trans youth he’d be ashamed of himself.

Then, an interesting comment that the United States of America was becoming sissified.

I’m going to pull a quote talking about the 1996 ValuJet crash in the Florida Everglades, which I think better captures a big chunk of what he’s concerned about.

“an entire pretend reality that includes unworkable chains of command, unlearnable training programs, unreadable manuals, and the fiction of regulations, checks, and controls.”

===============

And I’d see this approach might be more informative than “political correctness.”

Last edited:
First off, he repeated some myths about transgend persons, and a few grains of truth. He focused on the edge issue of trans women competing in women’s sports.

Whereas if he knew the suicide rate of trans youth he’d be ashamed of himself.

Then, an interesting comment that the United States of America was becoming sissified.

I’m going to pull a quote talking about the 1996 ValuJet crash in the Florida Everglades, which I think better captures a big chunk of what he’s concerned about.
IMO, the US is evolving naturally towards a pronounced feminine, passive state which is a juxtaposition of our synthetic environment of concrete, steel and plastic. Homo erectus was the epitome of masculine domination thousands of years ago and today he and all his ilk would be soundly incarcerated in our enlightened society. However, that natural inclination was a definite survival advantage of the time.
The shift from male supremacy to a unisex societal paradigm will subsequently save civilization from total self-destruction

Last edited:
Reactions: Multicolored Lemur
Welcome to the forum Pancho.

The shift from male supremacy to a unisex societal paradigm will subsequently save civilization from total self-destruction
I definitely think patriarchy is wrong because it's like viewing woman as a lesser status across the board. However, I think that there's room for gender-based leadership depending on the task and who is better suited for it. We can figure that out some times by comparing the strengths of each gender, on average. For instance, I think in combat situations that rely on physical abilities (like boots on the ground with close quarters combat and maneuvering), males lead in those roles because they tend to be better suited for fighting (stronger, faster, etc). Although modern-day militaries are having more and more positions that are less reliant on physical ability like when it comes to weapons that can be fired from a distance away, from fighter jets, from ships, etc. Any gender can occupy those roles in my view.

IMO, the US is evolving naturally towards a pronounced feminine, passive state which is a juxtaposition of our synthetic environment of concrete, steel and plastic.
Hi Pancho, welcome to our group! 🙂

What if I said corporatized rather than feminized ? ?

A chemical plant might have a 800-page “safety manual,” for example, not because they expect employees to be able to realistically follow the thing.

But because if an employee gets hurt, they can point to something, anything, and therefore hope to negotiate a lower out of court settlement. Or, the manual might even make a difference if the case goes to court.

For instance, I think in combat situations that rely on physical abilities (like boots on the ground with close quarters combat and maneuvering), males lead in those roles because they tend to be better suited for fighting (stronger, faster, etc).

I remember reading about the issue —

In the U.S. Army, a squad has about 10 soldiers. If two of these soldiers are women, and the group comes under fire in difficult circumstances, are the men going to try to protect the women even at compromise to the mission?

The soldiers are professional and committed and trained. No question. But things happen.

Like I heard someone say, the best plan in the world will be changed — has to be changed — at first contact with the enemy.

Sometimes called "Mission Creep", tactics change constantly on the battlefield and that fact is why US Troops outperform all other Armed Forces. The small unit commander has the prerogative of modifying instantly the parameters for continuing the mission. Often without contacting the CP until after the fact.
Rember Normandy? The Krauts were afraid to call the bastard Hitler for permission to engage the Panzer division. He and his Nazi whore were still snoozing at noon when finally awakened. The rest is history, Americans and allied forces saved the World.

Sometimes called "Mission Creep", tactics change constantly on the battlefield and that fact is why US Troops outperform all other Armed Forces. The small unit commander has the prerogative of modifying instantly the parameters for continuing the mission. Often without contacting the CP until after the fact.
It sounds like you have a military background. And thank you for helping our country the United States. 🙂

Who does CP refer to?

It sounds like you have a military background. And thank you for helping our country the United States. 🙂

Who does CP refer to?
Command Post.....and thank you for acknowledging an old Paratrooper.